Our Safeguarding Policy
St John’s Walworth CE Primary School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
We aim to safeguard and promote the welfare of children by protecting them from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The purpose of this policy is to:
• Identify the names of responsible persons in the school and explain the purpose of their role
• Outline the role of the governing body
• Describe what should be done if anyone in the school has a concern about the safety and
welfare of a child who attends the school
• Identify the particular attention that should be paid to those children who fall into a category
that might be deemed “vulnerable”
• Set out expectations in respect of training
• Ensure that those responsible for recruitment are aware of how to apply safeguarding
principles in employing staff
• Set out expectations of how to ensure children are safeguarded when there is potential to
come into contact with non-school staff, e.g. volunteers, contractors etc.
• Outline how complaints against staff will be handled
• Set out expectations regarding record keeping
• Clarify how children will be kept safe through the everyday life of the school
• Outline how the implementation of this policy will be monitored.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any of the following should you need to talk to us:
Ms Mincher – email@example.com
Mr Velada-Billson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Mary Sears – email@example.com